Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

ROSES ON TRANSFERWARE

Cambrian Rose by C.M. & C.J. Mason (1813-1826)
Roses are probably the best known and most popular flower.  I am sure not everyone will agree, but I love them!  They are also popular transferware patterns.  Here are a few among many.  It was hard for me to choose.


"Moss Rose" by Job & John Jackson (1831-1835)

Pattern #48 by Enoch Wood & Sons (1818-1846)

Cabbage Roses on a child's plate with molded border, c. 1830

Rose pattern on an arcaded plate by Thomas Lakin (1810-1817)


Rose pattern by Josiah Wedgwood, c. 1825

Roses on a Spode Botanical platter, c. 1820

Roses in my July garden



1 comment:

  1. Dear Judy
    Congratulations for your blog.

    I have a tea bowl and saucer from davenport with the same pattern as the plate from Wedgwood, which you presented in this post. It is always interesting to see how the same pattern was used by several different factories.

    I posted some pictures of this cup on my blog
    http://velhariasdoluis.blogspot.com/2023/06/rosas-de-davenport-faianca-inglesa-do.html

    ReplyDelete