Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WILD ANIMALS FOR CHILDREN

I have always loved patterns that feature animals.  Some of my favorites were made for children.  One series of children's plates by the ubiquitous (I have said this before) unknown maker shows sweet faced animals surrounded by a molded floral border painted in blue and red (sometimes other colors).  Children's patterns were often intended to instruct or delight.  These patterns do both.  Except, perhaps, the misspelling of the word "kangaroo!"  See below.
"Tiger" Child's Plate,  5.75 inches/If the pattern looks familiar, I used it to represent the letter "T" in my book,  Dishy Animals ABC.

"Lion" Child's Plate, 5.75 inches

"Leopard" Child's Plate, 5.75 inches

"Zebra" Child's Plate,  5.75 inches

"Kanguroo" Child's Plate, 5.75 inches/ 5.75 inches/If the pattern looks familiar, I used it to represent the letter "K" in my book,  Dishy Animals ABC.

No comments:

Post a Comment